download this if you dare… rofl
i want to reuse this code for something new… ok, the engine is not workingfor 3.8, we just need to rehearse it with a OOP view, if you want, it’s not complicated, a simple class would do. but my goal right now is different.
- this tool to be reworked for 3.8
- this tool to export forum structure in a .xml file … exact same structure, but only the structure, what we see in the forum table, starting the hierarchy with the forum we choose… but instead of duplicating, we choose the button « export »
- this tool to re-import the forum structure, where we can choose a parent forum or no parent, like in forum creation.
- for site admins with multiple forums who want to replicate a forum or two.
- for site admins who want the structure of a friends forum, so people can share their structures.
- for site admins who want to start a new forum with the same structure as the other one, without its content.
the only thing i can not do is the import/export process, as the xml side is bugged on my side. i played with it a lot with this tool: http://vbenhancer.com/vbe-complimentaries/backup-style/4901/ but that’s all… rofl
what is needed is to make it universal to any forum site… when exporting a forum tree, the parent have to be forumid #1 … on import, the forumid have to be transformed exactly like we see in KirbyDE/Andreas duplicator tool… that’s why i want to show you… 😉
it’s a summer job, if i may say… these complicated gadgets are not really for release, i want IB to see the possibilities we can offer, so i try to expose all our possible ideas in the near future. if IB is not interested, we still have the tools and we will make a lot of advertising with it…
just this duplicator, we can easily have a club where people share their forum structure.. rofl